Saturday, July 12, 2008

Why I Love East Texas

It is so hot today! I know the heat has really just begun. Relief doesn't usually come until sometime in late September, early October. I even remember on Halloween trick or treating in 85 degree weather. YUCK!!

So why am I writing this post... I am tired of complaining about the heat and choose to focus on the positive. So here is my Top Ten List of "The Reasons Why I Love East Texas in the Summer".


10. Swimming or watching my kiddos swim. I don't really enjoy putting on a bathing suits these days but suffer for my children.

9. Making homemade ice cream on the back porch

8. Going to Colorado in July to escape the heat. I guess that's not technically in Texas but without the oppressive heat, I wouldn't enjoy CO so much!!!

7. Picking strawberries, blackberries and peaches at McPeak's

6. Growing and harvesting our garden

5. East Texas Balloon Race (We used to go all the time when I was little and have not gone in years. But we went last night with the Neal's and I forgot how amazing the balloons looked when they glow. It definitely will be a yearly trip from now on)

4. Long evenings and amazing sunsets!!! Last nights was beautiful!!

3. 4th of July party out my parent's place ( finally our place, I'm just not used to saying that yet!!

2. My homemade bread rises so quickly in the heat and humidity :)

1. The sounds of cicadas and frogs at night (do you know there are people out their who find those sounds annoying? I couldn't live with out it!!


I would love to know why you love East Texas in summertime!!

1 comment:

TexasNeals said...

hmmmmmmm,this is sappy, but honest....there is nothing about east texas that makes it better than any other place that i've lived. so i would have to say the people. that is what i love about east texas. (awwwwww) ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin