I Got A New Car!!!
Okay, its not exactly new but its new to us! I have to share the story that goes along with this. It is proof that not only does God take care of us but he does love to surprise us with special treats every once in a while.
Most of you know that my van is about 11 years old and we have had it for 5 1/2 years. I love my van. It runs great, its comfortable, roomy, has a great sound system and it is kinda like a part of our family. We got the van when Isaac was a year old and it is the only ride he remembers. BUT...... as all things that are of this Earth, they "grow old and perish" and so goes the van. We have had a few problems over the last few months: brakes, tires, thermostat, battery, tune-up etc. but we really wanted to wait until our house was finished before we commit ed to another car payment. Oh, btw, I forgot the best part of the van, no monthly payment!!!
Anyway, I was having lunch with my dad on his last day of work at the horse clinic( yeah for daddy!!!) and explaining to him that my car had been running a little rough. I was telling him that I know we need a new car but we really are trying to live debt free. As you know, cars are outrageously expensive these days and so we were going to have to get a bottom of the line something that was not really what we wanted. I was having a hard time with a car payment on a car that I really didn't want anyway.
Back to the story.... A friend of my dad's dropped by while we were having lunch and overheard our car conversation. He picked up his phone without us asking and called a friend of his that happens to be a car wholesaler. He asked him if he had anything "special" that he was looking to get rid of quickly. He passed on the info that his friend just that day had picked up a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer LT 4x4, fully loaded with leather seats, DVD player, Bose stereo, tow package with only 30,000 miles on it. This was everything we wanted!!! He was looking to sell it to Peter's Chevrolet on Monday, this was a Friday, for $15,000 but if we came by that day, he would sell it to us for cheaper. Of course we ran over and test drove it. Of course after driving it, we were sold. My dad said that if we didn't want it, he was going to buy it for my mom. So, after running to the bank to get the loan, we got a $22,000 truck for $13,000. Because he is a wholesaler, we have to sell our van ourselves and get a better price than we would have if we traded it in. Everything worked out perfectly!
God gave us a wonderful surprise that day!! Praise him for giving us the desires of our heart, even sometimes material things!!!
1 comment:
Very very nice. I wish we could have gotten that kind of deal on our van. We got a great deal, but not like that! It does make the payments much more worth it if you have exactly what you want! I waited 2 months to find mine. :)
Post a Comment