We have been taking swimming lessons since the boys were about 3 years old. Ethan actually had his at about 6 months but I don't think that really counts. Anyway, my boys are extremely cautious. They in no way take risks and for the most part, I like it that way. Swimming, however, has been a huge struggle for them and me. I want them to LOVE to swim. I grew up with both sets of grandparents living on the lake. I was skiing at a very young age and lived to swim in the summer. So it burdens my heart that my boys have always been deathly afraid of swimming. They like to walk around in the water but actually putting anything above their shoulders in has been a real fear.
I have always heard that once the "fear" of water is overcome, then they will take off and swim like fish. Well, this year is the year; Ethan especially. He is jumping in, swimming strokes and loving the slide. It's really unbelievable to me. Isaac is also taking giant steps. He now is putting his face in the water and holding his breath for longer periods of time. It is very exciting to me to see them doing well. Swimming is such a fun time in the summer. I am so glad they are finally appreciating it.
Maybe its time for a in ground pool?!? What do you think Steve????
1 comment:
i vote YES! ;)
Post a Comment