As school winds down and summer break is quickly approaching.... I am going to dedicate this week to organization!! Out with the old and unused and in with the clean and newly arranged. This is no small task either. I know we just moved in and all but WOW how things can get cluttered so quickly. There are 2 rooms in particular that need it desperately!! So, I am cleaning, cleaning, organizing and more cleaning for the next 5 days!! I think it will be a gift to my family that will help with my stress level and I know make my home run more smoothly!!
Any organizational tips? Any places where I can find cheap organizational things??

6 comments:
Good luck! I will be praying for you as I am in the middle of this too...only mine seems to be lasting much longer than 1 week. I hope you do better than I do. I found some great things awhile back for organizing at Dollar General that were fairly inexpensive-mostly for my kitchen.
Wow - that's a big task. Moving can be so overwhelming - but it is the perfect time to get rid of extra and put everything in its place.
Dollar General or Dollar stores have all kinds of little to big baskets and organizers. Three medium sized ones can help you sort as you go: Keep (and put away), Trash (to throw away), and Give (to give away to friends, family, Goodwill, etc.)
I'm all for storing little toys, shoes, hats & gloves, etc., in buckets or baskets. Keeps clutter confined without taking a lot of time!
A move is stressful and exciting. It's like a fresh new start to begin anew and get everything where you want it and get rid of stuff you don't want, etc.
I used dishpans and plastic lidded shoeboxed size containers (and bigger) for organizing. Sometimes you can find them at the thrift or Dollar store. I also used boxes that food came in if they worked.
So glad you joined us today!
Way to go!!! I so need to do this.... I am not the most organized person and this is one area I'm really trying to work on right now. As of last week, I still haven't been able to find my keys... lol!
Good for you! You'll feel so much better when it is all done. I would purge before I bought anything...maybe you'll need less than you think!
I just came across this blog today, not sure if will help but it was a fun blog!! http://www.myorganizedchaos.net/
Good Luck!!
Post a Comment