I almost caved on the Burger King run last night!! I thought about asking my husband but when my older son asked first and my husband had to remind him that we were not eating out this month, I realized that I am just as bad as my boys are!!! I love fast food!! I crave it and usually in a moment of weakness and on an impulse, go get some!! I don't think we can even eat fast food for less than $15 as a family!! And don't even get me started on the health issue!! I have heard if you have an addiction that it takes about 3 weeks to really stop craving it!! I hope it works!! I would love to break this one!!!Anyway... one weekend down, one to go!! And in to be perfectly honest, my husband did get me a breakfast burrito for McDonald's yesterday. I had to be at church early, ate a breakfast bar at home but by 11:00 I was starving. He had cash, not in our budget, and graciously got one for me!! Does that count???
On a good note, this is my black out grocery week as well and after evaluating my fridge, I only spent $13.40 at the store today. That's for the whole week and $2.00 of that was a dog treat for my much neglected puppy!! So that's $106.00 less than my normal food and mad money budget for the week!!
Well, only 27 more days to go! Ughhhhhhhhh!!
6 comments:
Impressive savings there, Lady!
HEY! See if you can find any coupons on Spam. Once you get past the sucking sound...the flavor isn't really that bad. Seriously.
We can do this.
There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.
You know I love you?
Keep it up! You will inspire more than you know to follow suit. I checked our eating out last month and it was enough to feed a small army! We really need to 'reel it in' ourselves so we can pay off the loan we have on that house in Omaha!
way to go! stay strong!
Fast food is such crap ... but soooo good!
Happy blogoversary!
You can do it! We will take creative lunches on Friday! I am going to put a few $$'s back for a special treat on the way home. But that's just a few $$'s. On Saturday we are going to see the Blue Angels in Shreveport if you are interested. It's free! We can also see about brown bagging on the shopping trip. I have no problem with that at all! Then we can split a pretzel or ice cream as a snack.
Too bad you don't have green tomatoes yet. :) I asked Ted if he wanted to do that and he didn't think so. I kind of think the challenge of it sounds fun. Unless of course there are great sales out there then I'd have a really hard time.
Post a Comment