Monday, April 20, 2009
Making Your Home Sing Monday - Appreciation
My boys arrived from California safe and sound last night around 8:30pm. They were exhausted and full of stories. Steve and I were so excited about them coming home. We had such a relaxing time (we watched 7 movies and a season and a half of Eureka; it rained ALOT!!). I will post pictures as soon as I get them from my mom!!
All that said, my goal for the day is appreciation. I want to appreciate my family today and everyday! I want them to know they are valued, significant in my life. I want to spend quality time with them. Learn all about each one of them so I can love them in they way that is meaningful to them individually!! That is easy to say because it is so easy for me to get caught up in my own stuff!! I sometimes forget that its not all about me and how my family relates to me or how they can better my life. Serve, Serve, Serve needs to be my mantra.
I would love to expound of this topic but I am busy, busy today! Unpacking my kiddos, laundry, meals, and getting ready for our homeschool book sale tonight!!
Thanks momstheword for your post! It really hit home!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Thank you for your sweet words!
You are so right about appreciation and spending time with family.
We need to be intentional about it or the time just slips away, you know?
Sometimes I just have to drop everything and spend time with my kids, because they won't be living here forever....sniff....!
Thank you for joining us today!
I forgot I wanted to thank you for your lovely comments. I loved what that pastor said about expectations and God. It is so true!
I am so thankful that the Lord doesn't give up on me!
What an awesome goal...taking a minute to appreciate the bounty that surrounds us always puts a smile on my face (regardless of how much laundry I have to do!).
Post a Comment