So yesterday the boys went with our neighbors across the street to the lake to celebrate Jasper's 8th bday. Kim's son went too and so we had a couple of hours with nothing to do. I was going to finish up some laundry, ironing, etc but Kim called and asked "Do you want to go shopping?" I told her I only had $3 in my wallet and she said that was plenty! So off to Kroger and Wal-Mart we went!!

My Loot was...
3 bags of chips
2 packages of Wholly Salsa
1 large bottle of Dawn dishwashing liquid
1 Candy bar (this was extra b/c my coupons were so good, Kroger owed me money!!!)
The original price $16.94...
I spent .24... after all of my coupons, Kroger owed me .25, so I bought a candy bar for fun!!
At Wal-Mart my loot was...
4 packages of Kotex
1 16oz bottle of Kraft Italian Dressing
2 tubes of Colgate toothpaste
The original price was $11.96... I paid .95
So all together I paid $1.19 for $28.90 worth of stuff!! WOW! We are such geeks(not nerds :) but what fun!! Steve laughs every time I come home. He doesn't understand my excitement over toothpaste but loves the savings!! The best part is that I still have $2 left in my purse! Check out my friends Kim's blog here she loves to share her wealth of knowledge!!
I will leave you with a few pix of the boys at the lake with the Burklins. Although Linda said it was a little precarious at times b/c of the weather... the boys couldn't stop talking about all the fun they had! Thanks Linda for braving the lake with 7 little kids!!!








8 comments:
Wow, what a great shopping trip!!!
you're not geeks, y'all are awesome!!!! :)
Laura,
This was fun to read! You blog so well. I love the pictures!
TEACH ME HOW TO COUPON PLEASE. I GET SO CONFUSED.....
Laura,
I strongly believe that you are a chip thief and that you will put Kroger out of business. **insert evil grin here**
Ted did my Kroger deals last night. That was almost better than me doing it myself! :) He thinks they gave him more than he deserved too. I think he came home with 12 salsas and way too many chips. The neighborhood has lots of chips and salsa now considering we couldn't eat all that.
you make me sick.
yup, that is very impressive!!!
Post a Comment