Thursday, February 4, 2010

First Snag

We found out that the workshop that is mandatory for adopting through Buckner is on next Friday not on a Saturday like we had originally thought! Steve can't take off work then because we had already planned this Thursday and Friday off for a little family vacation. The next workshop isn't until May. If you don't already know ( or you do and are picking yourself off of floor in shock from the previous sentence) Steve never has any days off. So getting two days off this week and another next week will never happen!! I am really bummed out. We can't really even begin the process until we attend this workshop. I know this will happen in God's timing but honestly, who plans a mandatory workshop on a workday, in Dallas? But as a wonderful friend told me yesterday who has been through this whole crazy roller coaster, it is the hardest thing to get through, everyday is a challenge but the blessing far out ways any hardship we might face! Comforting words of wisdom. Thanks! God's timing make me think about Abraham, we definitely want an Isaac and not an Ishmael. Patience is not my strong suit!

Bright side...we pick up plans to take to the builder tomorrow and most likely will have a budget priced on Tuesday. And even brighter side... we get two days with my wonderful hubby home; no school or work to think about until Monday (hopefully)!!

4 comments:

Life with the Akin Clan said...

I have picked myself off the floor but not my jaw. How exciting! Two days of a little vacation. Actually, it may not be a bad thing that has happened. First, you are getting your little vacation and this is surely needed before you embark on this new roller coaster. (Cuz honestly, we are always on some kind of carnival ride..ferris wheel, bumper cars, extreme coasters, kiddie rides, etc.) And as you pointed out the other day, you will be done with work in May. So this could be a blessing in disguise not a snag! All is HIS perfect timing but oh how hard it is to wait on His perfect timing!

Praying for you all!!

Laura said...

Yeah... I thought about that too. But in May we wanted to take 2 days off to go to the bookfair and Six Flags and the workshop in the next weekend. SO we are kinda stuck in the same situation as this week!

I won't fret though... it will all work out!

BTW... we are on the bumper car ride right now :)

J Wing said...

Hi, Laura!

Thanks for your recent comments. I have missed you! I was happy to see that you were blogging again and that I could find out what's been going on in your busy, busy lives. I've always known that you and Steve wanted to adopt and I'm so happy that you have taken those first steps to become adoptive parents! How exciting for you! I'm glad you have only 3 1/2 months left of work...it sounds like it's been both good and bad, but I know you were awesome for those kids and they will take that with them when they leave for the summer. Yes...we are going to have to move again. Our house, (a rental) is going to be put on the market and we will need to leave by the end of May. Steven may be relocated again for his job, maybe to somewhere in NC, but possibly FL or GA...we don't know for sure. I'm okay with that. I love NC and would like to stay here, but any of the other places they've mentioned will be good, too. Winter has been interesting here, but pretty, too. I am anxious for the spring time again. We have snow now and have had it for a week. I'm done with the cold. Yes! It's different here! The wet cold is REALLY cold! Please keep in touch. I love reading your blogs and seeing your pictures! My best to you...please kiss your boys for me. :)

Piano mom said...

Enjoy your vacation with your hubby. I know what it is like to not have that time off and the late nights, etc. Every moment is precious.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin