
So, I guess you are wondering why I am blogging on a Monday morning instead of at school! Well...last week I told you about a bug that was going around my room {here}. Thankfully no one at our home showed any signs of these creepy crawlies. However, Isaac and Ethan have brought home another bug to share with us. A week ago Friday, Ethan was not well, fever, headache and sore throat. Took him to the doctor and he tested positive for strep. We got antibiotics, Tylenol, etc...etc.. and he started feeling better Saturday night. Woke up last Sunday to a very coughy, snotty Isaac. No fever, no sore throat. As the day progressed, fever came but still not strep throat symptoms. We stayed home Monday so we could fully re coop. School Tuesday, Isaac's teacher comes to my room to tell me that Isaac has fallen asleep on the floor and feels like he may have a temp. Sure enough, he does. Since we already had Wed., Thurs., and Fri., off for our "vacation", I thought he would have plenty of time to get well. Wednesday, no fever. Thursday a.m. no fever, Steve's home and we are deciding what to do with our time off. Thursday p.m. we are at the book store, Isaac says he feels sick, touch his forehead and sure enough, ~HOT~. Get home and he has a temp of 102. What??? He sleeps all afternoon. Friday, we wake up, no fever but by this time we have decided to stay home just in case. Sometimes home vacations are the best anyway. Friday night we head over to Belcher so the kids can hear Phil Keaggy for the first time (Steve has been going to see his concerts since he was 7). Half way through, Phil has just started to play, Ethan has to go to the bathroom. A little miffed Steve because we had just asked him if he needed to go at intermission, takes him and Ethan proceeds to throw up about 8 times. Now we are both like "What the what?" We promptly leave the concert and come home. Saturday, everyone seems well; no more fever or vomiting! Whew... As a side note, we have decided to finally do the much needed work on our little adorable home, so we had workers here all day Saturday replacing rotten wood and remodeling our porch. The kids seemed fine all day and played outside with all of the neighborhood kids. My mom called and wanted the boys to spend the night, we said sure since we didn't know how long the workers would be at our house. Had a nice quiet evening at home with Hubby and Zydeco gumbo. Sunday morning, get a call from my mom saying Isaac had spiked a fever of 105 and was very listless. Hurry to pick him and take him to the Emergency Clinic at Steve's doctors office. The nurse tested him for flu and sure enough Type A; H1N1, swine flu!! Needless to say, the boy is very sick. He ran fever all day yesterday and woke up this morning with 105.6. Thank God for Motrin!! The doctor said if that he can not go back to school, ergo me back to work, until he is fever free for 48 hours!! So that puts us back to school maybe Wednesday but most likely Thursday. Now to be perfectly honest, I had kinda joked that my kids had been so well all year, would a little fever be so bad so that we could stay home a couple of days! I guess we need to be careful what we speak out loud!!
So...here I am with some time on my hands and a very ill little boy! I feel a little like we are biding our time until someone else gets this!! Hopefully not a neighborhood friend!
Like I said, we are doing some major home improvements over the next week and I will share pictures soon! I am so excited about this!
I am going to leave with some update pictures... I have been so behind so these will go all the way back to Halloween...
Gotta love Luigi and Mario....Farm Farm at Church
Isaac opening his Mario and Luigi hoodie
They couldn't get enough of the snow!!
My nephew Bowen and Oma
Marin love Ethan and Ethan loved his new electronic thingy from Uncle Jeff.
I have no idea what it is but Ethan did!!
Career Day at school. Ethan was a LeTourneau student {snicker} and
Isaac was an ornithologist (dare you to guess what that is)
My class on Career Day.. Lots of American Idol hopefuls. Whatever happened to just wanting to be a fireman?
Until the next time...

5 comments:
I hope your boys feel better soon!!
We left the Akin's party early last night. Jeff is sick, I gave him my cold:(
Wow...you had an eventful at home vacation, didn't you? I'm so sorry that your boys are not feeling well...we send you many get well wishes from North Carolina. Your family is looking so great...growing up so handsome and having lots of fun. Glad you are blogging again!
Hope all are better soon! It's good to 'hear' you blogging!
HOPE YOU ALL GET BETTER SOON. WE MISSED YOU AT CHURCH YESTERDAY. I GUESS YOU HAVE A VALID EXCUSE THOUGH. LOL. ALL THREE OF OUR KIDS HAVE HAD SNOTTY NOSES AND BEEN COUGHING FOR A WEEK. IT'S NO FUN.
Nah, I wasn't really wondering.
Post a Comment