This morning we delightfully awoke to the sound of gurgley, wheezing 7 year old who fitfully slept on the floor of our room. I checked his temp and thankfully is was around 100.3. At least within normal range. I stumbled into the kitchen to make my coffee when I heard a faint "Mom" from the boys bedroom. I could tell by the crackly voice that Ethan was not well. Promptly took his temperature and it was 103.4. And another one down and another one down, another one bites the dust was the line that went through my head. I knew there was only a slim chance of Ethan not getting the flu. Well...I doctored him up, snuggled him on the couch and again went in to make my coffee. About 20 minutes later Isaac comes stumbling into the kitchen and faintly says "I think I am going to puke". He runs to the bathroom with no time spare and proceeds to throw up about 4 times. Wow, I am thinking to myself as I help Isaac back to bed, I guess they are really sick. I mean I knew they were but this one is bad! So, I am off for the rest of the week and so are the boys! I am desperately trying for my loyalties to not be divided between work and home. I keep thinking about my boys getting well and then immediately think about the kids at school. Are they learning, are they keeping up with lessons , are they behaving? Its hard to be torn but I know in the end, my family is more important. I can't think about what is waiting for me when I get back. Thankfully, my wonderful sub, Meagan, is so helpful. I have to get her a gift!On a lighter note, demolition on our driveway has begun. The old oil top driveway is now gone and the workers have started the concrete mold! Very exciting! Here are some pics...
This is picture of the WONDERFUL dinner my neighbor and friend Kim brought over last night to help me out! Even though her family is under the weather too! Kim...YOU ROCK and so did your chicken!
This is what Isaac did yesterday. Sit by the window watching the demolition of our sidewalk and read Magic Treehouse. He is trying to earn those Six Flags tickets!
Sadly enough, you can see the huge craters that hold water in our driveway. Its like off roading every time you drove on it!!
4 comments:
Sweet Kim!!! That was so nice! I hope your boys get well soon. Let me know if you need reading material!
Praying for ya!
Oh wow, you have your hands full! Poor little guys! How nice of your friend Kim to bless you like that. Looks yummy too!
~ Nan
I'm so sorry your boys are so sick. :( Tell them we hope they are feeling better soon. How cool that you are getting your driveway replaced! I hope the construction goes well for you and that you will have a healthy household again by week's end.
Sorry the kiddos are sick - praying that you and Steve don't get it!
Post a Comment