We have had our first fever free day in 5 days. Now, that doesn't count every other day that one of the boys had fever last week either. But today, I can officially say that we are on the road to recovery. So far, so good as far as Steve and I go too. We both have been juicing up on the vitamins and hopefully our immunities will hold!!
But needless to say, we have cabin fever {{BAD}}! I have not gone anywhere since Monday morning but have not set foot outside since Monday afternoon! But of course, crazy Texas weather has struck again and its snowing outside. Who'd thunk it, right? Of course it would be the morning after the new concrete was poured for our new driveway. The crew was here until midnight waiting for the concrete to cure hard enough to buff it. Now concrete is a funny thing and I don't even presume to know how it works but all I know is that the dryness of the weather has nothing to do with whether or not it hardens. Its a chemical reaction that hardens it not the moisture content. I don't know really what I am saying, I am just repeating what I think I heard from Steve. But what does make a difference is the temperature. Cold is not good for it. So, first thing this morning Steve and I were out, in the snow, putting plastic on the driveway to try to keep in warm. So, the boys of course wanted to go out and play. I couldn't refuse. So, for about 10 minutes, they were out in it. And boy is it snowing! Real snowflakes that are actually sticking and accumulating!
So back to the torture part. Because we have been so sick, I think we have watched 9 movies this week. Not that they could have done much else, with this flu comes horrible aches and a barking cough. Isaac said that he had to touch his head to make sure its not moving because the room was spinning so badly :) So today, we turned off the TV and the torture part came when I told them that today was "Book Day". Oh then the waling commenced. Not reading....its torture. Really that only came from Isaac. Ethan is more of the passive aggressive stomping off and heavy sighing type! Since when is snuggling up by a warm fire when snow if silently falling outside torture? That's my dream day!! After much grumbling and groaning, Isaac picked up another Magic Tree House book and proceeded to read the whole thing in an hour. He even excitedly told me about the whole thing! Ethan was laughing historically at his book and even told me that he was glad I made him read. And so. I win again! Now I am off to read a book together with my wonderfully, bratty :) children!!
Enjoy the snow all you East Texans out there!!
4 comments:
IF YOU NEED A GOOD LAUGH GO READ MY BLOG.
I'm so glad the boys are feeling better. And the driveway looks great!
OK SO I HAVE THE FLOUR PICTURES UP NOW. MY JACOB LOOKS TOO SWEET.
I heard the trucks but didn't realize they were your trucks until too late. We would have had fun hanging out and watching the process.
Post a Comment