Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Isaac and BB


Ever since Isaac was aware of his surroundings, he has loved BB (my dad). Anything that BB does Isaac is right beside him. When he was a baby he would cry and cry for him. Whenever he was hurt, all he needed was for BB to hold him. As he gets bigger, he is really his shadow. He wants to hunt like BB, ride the tractor like BB, wear boots like BB and he even wants to grow up to be a veterinarian (after he is a spy) like BB.

When Steve and I went out of town for our 10 year anniversary 4 years ago, we left the kids, Ethan, 4 and Isaac, 2 with my parents. We arrived late in Dallas and knew that for the first time in 2 years, we were going to get to sleep in. No such luck!! We got a call at 7:00am! When I answered and heard my mom's voice, I knew that it was bad news. She preceded to tell me that Isaac was standing on the coach in between my mom and dad. He took a step to the middle and fell all the way back and hit the back of his head on the coffee table. They had already taken him to the hospital and he received 9 staples in his head. OUCH!! Of course I panicked a little bit, asked if he ever lost consciousness and was he crying for me. My mom sheepishly said, "No, he only cried for BB". Part of me was said and the other glad b/c I knew he would be okay and Steve and I didn't need to come home.

Since we have moved out here with my parent's, Isaac asks about every other day if BB has off work so they can pick up limbs, burn something, shoot their bow&arrows or ride 4-wheelers. Dad is soon to retire, much to Isaac's delight, and they will get to spend even more time. I couldn't ask for more of a blessing!!

2 comments:

Life with the Akin Clan said...

Just wanted to let you know...I read Steve's blog and I understood it! GO me!!! I do not think I could carry on a conversation about it but I understood it.

Laura said...

Just keep breaking those big words into smaller ones!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin