Well...the final countdown begins. We officially have 4 more weeks of school left!! YEAH. I think I can do it!! Some days it doesn't feel like it but when I count and realize that I only have 18 actual teaching days left, there is a sense of relief. My last day is June 1st and the is only end of the year meeting and luncheon that will last until 1:00! I know when this is over I will be able to say that I learned something in all of this besides the fact that I never want to do it again. But I am not there yet. I need a few days in my pajamas with no responsibility other than my family before I will be able to comment on that.
A few fun updates to add. The first are videos of our school's open house performances. We have an awesome music teacher at our school. She is Pentecostal and always brings a little charismatic flair to the kids performances!! For this Church of Christ girl, sometimes I am a little uncomfortable but the kids always LOVE what she comes up with.
The first two videos are Isaac's class and my 2nd grade class. The first is a "play" about the Israelites leaving Egypt. The second is their sign language song. The third is Ethan's song using dowel rods. He was so excited abut this. You can see it in his intensity :) Love that boy!! The final video is just plain fun! Each year Mrs. Sullivan , our music teacher, picks one class to do a special performance. This year was the 3rd grades turn. They kept this a total secret until the night of the performance. She turned out all of the lights, fired up the black lights and turned on the gospel music. The kids came out in full body puppets made out of tubes so all you could see were the tubes and some glow in the dark pipe cleaners for hair. I only got a little of it on video b/c my batteries were low but it was so fun!! The kids in the audience went wild!!
*I can't upload the last two videos. Blogger is glitchy!
A few fun updates to add. The first are videos of our school's open house performances. We have an awesome music teacher at our school. She is Pentecostal and always brings a little charismatic flair to the kids performances!! For this Church of Christ girl, sometimes I am a little uncomfortable but the kids always LOVE what she comes up with.
The first two videos are Isaac's class and my 2nd grade class. The first is a "play" about the Israelites leaving Egypt. The second is their sign language song. The third is Ethan's song using dowel rods. He was so excited abut this. You can see it in his intensity :) Love that boy!! The final video is just plain fun! Each year Mrs. Sullivan , our music teacher, picks one class to do a special performance. This year was the 3rd grades turn. They kept this a total secret until the night of the performance. She turned out all of the lights, fired up the black lights and turned on the gospel music. The kids came out in full body puppets made out of tubes so all you could see were the tubes and some glow in the dark pipe cleaners for hair. I only got a little of it on video b/c my batteries were low but it was so fun!! The kids in the audience went wild!!
*I can't upload the last two videos. Blogger is glitchy!
I will try to upload them on separate posts!! At least enjoy these two...*
The next set of pics is Isaac's class and my 2nd grade class's field trip to Longview's Wastewater Treatment Plant. I know, gross right? It was actually a lot of fun! The kids loved it mostly b/c they could say poop a lot and not get in trouble. But we definitely came away from their thankful for modern technology!!
Sadly I have no pictures from any field trips with Ethan. Both of the trips I had off to go with him were cancelled due to bad weather. He has one more that hopefully I can go to! This is what I miss this year!!
My students affectionately called this field trip "The Poo-poo place"
I had to coax this smile out of him. It smelled a little ripe!
Garrett, Joshua, Isaac and Katie
Classmates this year!
Now on to house updates. Siding done, sheet rock up and painting begun! By the end of this week we will have a roof, outside and inside painted and hopefully the wood on the ceiling stained and in place. We are about 80% finished now!! I can't wait to move in..
The last ones are just garden and vineyard updates. Everything is still alive and doing well despite our awful tract record!!
Enjoy ;)
House update pics
Picture from the front door
Garden Post..
Plums on our new plum tree :)
Plums on our new plum tree :)
Probably won't update until school is out when I can share end of the school year pics! It will be a whirlwind until then!! Let the countdown begin... 23...22...
3 comments:
WOO HOO IT IS ALMOST OVER. SOON YOU WILL BE ABLE TO RELAX IN YOUR PRETTY NEW HOME AND KNOW THAT YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO TO WORK NEXT YEAR. OH AND I WANT TO TRY OUT YOUR NEW OVEN AT SOME POINT...
it's looking so awesome!!! i can't wait!!!!! are you sure those weren't plums? ;)
How on earth am I going to be a homesteader if I don't know the difference between figs and plums :) That's why I have you Stace... to set me straight!!
Post a Comment