Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Happy 15th Anniversay To My Favorite Person In The Whole World

Today Steve and I are celebrating 15 years of marriage. We have officially been a couple for 19 this October. We met in high school when I was 16 and he was 15. I would like to say it was love at first sight but that would not be the whole truth. I do remember the first time I saw him on the first day of school. He was standing against the wall, one leg propped up, arms crossed and I remember thinking "What is he so mad about?" He tells me all of the time that its just his face, he can't help it :) I quickly learned after a couple of weeks of school that he had been dating a girl that I was becoming friends with. They had broken up over the summer and she wanted to get back together with him. So... I made it my mission to do so. Over the course of a few weeks, Steve and I would talk some at school, ride the bus to soccer games and sometimes even on three-way(remember three-way?). One night we had hayride after a game and Steve asked if he could ride over with me. Now, I had a sporty purple 1969 VW bug and I was so stylin'. I said "Sure you can", thinking we would talk about my friend on the way. What I quickly realized though is that I wanted to date Steve. It was not my problem if she broke up with him this summer, he was a catch and I wanted him!! So...at the hayride, uncharacteristically Steve asked to sit by me. We sat close because it was so cold, looked up at the stars for the big dipper and even slowly started holding hands. Well, that night, we were both smitten! We went on our first "date" about 3 weeks later and have been together ever since. We dated for 4 years before we were married at 19. Don't worry, my friend was not upset. She was my maid of honor at our wedding!!

I love him more today than ever. We have definitely had our good times and bad. But something I know today that I have not always known is that we are perfect for each other! He is my best friend and I would not want to be with anyone else for the rest of my life. He is exactly what I knew he could be 15 years ago.; a loving husband, a terrific and playful dad and a man that is passionate about his faith and his love for his Savior! I could not ask for more from him!

I love you Steve with all of my heart and I am looking forward to the rest of our lives together! Happy Anniversary!

I made a slide show of our life together. I have been planning this for some time but it did not turn out exactly the way I planned. My scanner was not working and so I had to take pictures of the old pictures. Some came out way to blurry but you can get the idea!!





4 comments:

Piano mom said...

Congratulations! You guys still look great. The pictures were wonderful and I really enjoyed them. Definite personality in all your boys.

Pilar said...

Congrats!!

The Clevelands said...

Congratulations! You both look like you're about 12 when you got married!!

TexasNeals said...

that was hilarious! y'all were such babies!!! were those loafers on steve in one of those pictures? surely not!!! ;) so fun!
congrats! and happy anniversary!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin