Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sick again

Why is it that when you have so much to do in a week, one of your babies gets sick? Isaac woke up with 102 temp, sore throat and aches. I thought maybe we would miss the flu this year!! With my mom in the hospital, a new house that we desperately want to finish fixing up so we can move in and all of the other things that need to be done in a week, I have hard time wanting to slow down and care for my son. Steve told me to take a relaxing morning, give Ethan a good history book to read and nurse Isaac back to health. That sounds so great but I have a hard time just relaxing. My post on my new blog is all about slowing down and taking pleasure in my family since that is what God has called me to do. I am not sure why that is hard for me!!

I found this poem and thought I would share... May we all take joy in our families!!

I Love To Be a Mother

Some houses try to hide the fact
that children shelter there.
Ours boasts of it quite openly,
the signs are everywhere.
For smears are on the windows,
little smudges on the doors,
I should apologize, I guess,
for toys strewn on the floor.
But I sat down with the children
and we played and laughed and read;
And if the doorbell doesn't shine,
their eyes will shine instead.
For when at times I'm forced to choose
the one job or the other;
I like to be a housewife but
I love to be a mother.


2 comments:

Life with the Akin Clan said...

Steve is right. Just enjoy it. When he is in college, it will kill you that you can't be with him when he is sick. So, just kick back with both of those sweet boys and enjoy the cuddle time now.

I hope he feels better soon. It is over pretty quick! I have tami-flu if you need it. We didn't need all of ours.

Piano mom said...

I LOVE that poem. There are so many times when it is so easy to put the housework first. I am really trying to spend time with Taylor in the evenings and keep our communication open as she approaches the teen years. I hope Isaac feels better soon. I certainly missed all of you yesterday. Thanks for sharing the poem and remember God has His schedule for us. I am sure it is hard to wait now that you have the house...but it will be so worth it and 1 week behind isn't so bad.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin