
Several of you have emailed me about the online book club I want to get started! I really wanted to start today but my book has not come in at Lifeway (I went through them in order to avoid shipping costs). My aim right now is to start next Monday the 12th. I have never done a online book club, or a book club at all, and would appreciate any advice.
If you would like to join in....
* The book is Biblical Womanhood in the Home by Nancy Leigh DeMoss
* The Goal is to break free of the "feminist movement" in our culture and embrace the Godly purpose of a woman. "The purpose is to spread the seeds of a new movement the 'seeds of hope, humility, obedience, and prayer'."
I feel strongly that we have really missed the beautiful way that God has created us as women. The feelings of inadequacy, ugliness, competitiveness, pride, jealousy, depression and overall discontentment is not from God. I have been struggling with all of those things my entire adulthood. I am committed to crying out to God to help change those things in my life!! I can not do this on my own will, I am learning that!!
I hope you will join us in reading and discussing this book together. If you don't want to read the book, please feel free to read over posts and glean from the wisdom of other Godly women!!
I pray that you that have already said they wanted to join in would be patient with me as I figure this all out!! And most importantly, pray that God will work a wonders in our lives as we seek to fully embrace His love and desire for us.
I will post info later on in the week concerning the new blog!! Again, if you have any ideas, suggestions or advice. please chime in. This is not MY blog but ours!!
Keep your hearts on God and your minds in the Word!!
5 comments:
I'm planning to but I don't have the book yet! Hopefully I'll get on the stick and get it ordered in the next day or two!
Sounds like a good time!! I'll see how quickly I can get the book. With our internet being down, I got behind on quite a bit!!
I want to join the club! It's so hard for me to get to the weekly bible studies at church so this will be great for me!!
I am a friend of Cheryl's. I have been looking for a Bible Study. I would love to join. Thanks
I have my book and have been flipping through it , so I am ready . Just let me know when to start.:)
Post a Comment