Monday, December 22, 2008

All I want for Christmas is "Rubies"


I absolutely hate New Year Resolutions. They really highlight my lack of self discipline. I always have great plans to exercise more, eat better, have consistent daily devotionals, meal plan, save money, be a patient and loving mother, show my husband more respect and love, keep a cleaner home, love others better etc...etc...etc... Although all of those things I truly believe would make me a better woman and I do them for a while after I commit to them, I always fail and tumble head first back into my own selfish and comfortable behaviors!! I hate that about myself. Anyone relate?!?

So when my best friend Stacey posted this link on her blog, I decided to try it. I was going to wait until New Year's and make it my "Resolution" but I decided not to wait and delve head first at that very moment!! Thank God I did! How I have been blessed!! This is a 31 Day Challenge to understand what a Proverbs 31 woman is. I have never heard these passages explained in this way. I have always felt like there was never anyway for me to attain these goals. It was more like an ideal and not actually a real woman. Nancy Leigh DeMoss has such an insight and way of relating these passages to women that not only make you realize that the Proverbs 31, 1 Timothy 2 and a Titus 2 woman is real but very much someone I could be! She shares insight that shows you that it is not the accomplishments of these woman that make them unique and "above rubies" but their heart for and commitment to God. Oh that I may be such a woman!!!
I am on Day 5 of the challenge( I got a little behind because of our "trip" to MO;)and everyday has brought me closer to understand what my purpose is in this crazy life.

So...my challenge... I have ordered the book Biblical Womanhood in the Home and plan to begin reading it the first week of January. But I need to be held accountable. I think my biggest mistake in my "Resolutions" is that I don't have accountablility. I try to do this on my own!! Thus, my failure. I would love to have others reading this book with me, sharing thoughts, insights and revelations! I would even be willing to start a blog just for a weekly discussion. Anyone in? How blessed our homes could be if we committed this year to becoming Godly, Proverbs 31 women! If you don't want to join in the book reading, I at least challenge you to click on the link above and join the 31 Day Challenge. It only takes about 15-20 minutes a day. You can read the transcript or listen to the podcast. I promise it will bring a blessing to you life!

But if you want to join me in reading the book, leave and comment and we can work out the details!! I want to make this "New Year" the best in my life!!

6 comments:

The Clevelands said...

I want to read the book, but just know me too well! So, I look forward to your posts and I did finally sign up for the daily email (I was planning to do that earlier with Stacey's blog and just forgot - thanks for the reminder). Have a Merry Christmas!

Laura said...

Yeah! My first taker!! I am so excited!! If you can't find the book online..I ordered mine from Lifeway so I wouldn't have to pay shipping. If you can't get yours shipped in time, we can always start later too!

Looking forward to the journey! Have a Happy Christmas!

TexasNeals said...

you know i'm in! i'll post about it on my blog and link to it. when exactly are you going to start? the 5th?

Laura said...

I would like to start the 5th if we can get our books in time. I am okay with starting later too ! Whatever! I am also reading the book "Lies That Every Woman Believes"! It is also worth reading and discussing sometime!!

Jessi -in love with her family of four said...

Ohhhh I wanna do it ... Wait for me please,... I love this. Yeahhhh. oh and I do want to get together for lunch , my dads birthday is on the 29th so anytime after that will be great. :)

Anonymous said...

so are we doing it? I emailed you -- I want in :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin