So.... I am going to brag on Steve a different way. I don't think I have ever verbalized this to him but something that I love about him is that he ALWAYS compliments me on my cooking. It is so wonderful to have a husband who recognizes and appreciates the meals that I prepare for our family. I love to cook and poor over cookbooks to find fun, nutritious and different meals. Sometimes my efforts are more productive than others but Steve is always there to make me feel like I'm the best cook and more importantly, he never complains!! I take for granted that he does that! I realized last night, when we finished my newest Chicken and Rice recipe, and he not only complemented me but ended with "I think this my favorite Chicken Recipe", that he makes my job so much easier. So I have to say "Thanks Beloved for making something I love to do, even better!!".
I am going to end with enclosing my new recipe. It was very good and new twist on Chicken and Rice....
Chicken and Wild Rice
Ingredients:
1/2 lb of Raw Bacon
2 Cups of Cooked Wild Rice
( my favorite is Royal Blend Texmati White, Brown, Wild & Red)
1 lb of Skinned Chicken Breasts
1 Can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 Can of Water
1 Package of Dry Onion Soup Mix
Chicken and Wild Rice
Ingredients:
1/2 lb of Raw Bacon
2 Cups of Cooked Wild Rice
( my favorite is Royal Blend Texmati White, Brown, Wild & Red)
1 lb of Skinned Chicken Breasts
1 Can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 Can of Water
1 Package of Dry Onion Soup Mix
Layer bottom of casserole or baking pan with raw bacon. Layer rice over bacon. Lay the chicken breasts over the rice. Mix together the mushroom soup, water and onion soup and pour over chicken. Bake at 250-300 degrees for 2 1/2 hours, covered with foil. Most importantly, do not peek! This recipe adds a smokey, Steve said "Cajun" taste to the Chicken and Rice. I hope you enjoy!!
5 comments:
That's awesome! My husband does that too! It does make such a difference.
Have a great weekend!
yum!! SO gonna make this!! :)
what a blessing. I so enjoy reading how each of us loves our husbands and looks for the good. A great thing! I know the floors look awesome and I look forward to seeing them in pictures and in person.
what a blessing! that recipe sounds delish, too!
that sounds really flavorful... gotta try it next week!
Post a Comment