
I figured since everyone was posting yummy recipes, I would join in. I found a new love in cooking; "Tapas". Tapas are Spanish appetizers that are served before a meal. It usually consists of simple meats, all varieties of cheeses, olives, grapes, flat sourdough bread, olive oil and the most amazing herbs. Steve and I love to go to Los Pinos Ranch in Pittsburg. The chef there is amazing and she only serves tapas. We have had some of the most wonderful food and since they come in small portions, I thought it would be fun to make some for a meal at home. I found these 2 websites and printed off a few of the yummiest sounding!!
http://www.ericweisstein.com/fun/wine/tapas.html
http://www.spain-recipes.com/spanish_tapas.html
The only one I have had time to make is Three Cheese Focaccia(foe-CAH-cha) bread. I thought I would add the pronunciation b/c I had been saying it wrong:) I used it as a meal and served it with salad!! It was so yummy and the kids loved it!! I plan on making this for our next small group get together!
Enjoy
THREE CHEESE FOCACCIA
- 1 envelope (1/4-ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup warm water (about 110 degrees F.)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons coarse black pepper
- 11 ounces fresh ricotta cheese, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 4 ounces salami, julienned
- 6 ounces Mozzarella cheese, grated and at room temperature
- 1/3 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
3 comments:
suzannah just said, "what's that? it looks like sand paper w/ bugs in it!" HAHAHAHAHA!
you are quite that adventurous cook! i made the chicken and rice last night and it was yummy! billy loved it! thanks for sharing the recipe.
Andrew wanted to know where that was. I tried to convince him it was your oven! Is that what you are bringing Sunday?
Thanks again for letting Ethan come today!
We're keeping sourdough starter and I can't wait to try making this with sourdough!
Post a Comment