My New Living Room
I have always wanted a stove for a fireplace!!
I have always wanted a stove for a fireplace!!
My Husband SOOOO Rocks this week because he "Bought Me A House!!" !!! Those of you that have been following the continuing saga of "Where Will The Hill's Live" know what a huge answer to prayer a home is for us!!
It has been a year of uncertainty of whether or not we were going to build out here in the country or move back into town. With many frustrating months of dealing with the bank and mortgage company and a couple of thousands of dollars lost in the effort due to surveys, house plans and such; we finally decided to abandon the idea of living out here with my parents and start looking back in town. To catch up you can read this, this, or this. The saga is really too long to document all over again!!
Anyway, most of you know how Steve's work schedule goes. Construction never has time off and if you are not working, you are not getting paid!! It really is a double edged sword. With the economy so bad right now, we are grateful for building projects but the time away from family is really hard!! Steve and I have also really felt lead to get out of debt. We have not always been the most frugal couple and many bad decisions have not allowed us to use God's money in the way we should have. So when this house came up for sale in a neighborhood surrounded by friends, really reasonably priced and within walking distance from LeTourneau where Steve is building the dining hall, we couldn't refuse!! It is a perfect little wood-framed home with hardwood floors throughout and lots of charm. I am itching to get my hands on it and decorate!! We have a lot of updating and refinishing projects to tackle but we are looking forward to making this our home for a while!! I will definately update with before and after pictures and share this experience!!
Thanks again for all of your prayers and encouragement during this year of uncertainty. God is definately good and faithful!! Our only prayer now is to glorify Him and reflect His love!!
Entry Way!
There are hardwood floors throughout the whole house!!
The Kitchen has new slate floors that we will be taking
out as soon as we redo the kitchen! Not real fond of the color!
out as soon as we redo the kitchen! Not real fond of the color!
until the weather is warmer!! Maybe March! I have the colors all picked out
and will share later!
9 comments:
Congratulations and how exciting!!!!
how exciting!!! praise the Lord!!! looking forward to hearing about all of the changes :)
Looooove it. Keep posting as you do things,although I could take it the way it is.:)
Yeah! When do you move in? I'm assuming it's close to the Forringer's and Hellmuth's? We'll be expecting a party soon!! :)
How wonderful! Congratulations on your new home!
What an adorable house! I agree with Jessi-- it's great just the way it is (this is coming from someone who's house had DASTARDLY colors on the wall when she moved in) but I understand wanting to make it your own. Congrats!
Is this the Ramaly's house? With the beautiful bay window in the front? I can't quite tell from the side of the front...
I love the hardwood floors!!!
Thanks for all of the encouraging comments!! We spent the weekend sanding all of the floors!! They are going to look gorgeous when finished!!!
And Jaime, no, its not the Ramaly's. We have the pleasure of being their neighbors!! We live around the corner!! Down from the Forringers, behind the Hellmuths, up from the Ferrels and across from the Burklins!! My boys are ready to move!!
Congratulations! I know how glad you are that process is over and you can get on with it. Can't wait to see it when you're done.
Post a Comment