So... why my hubby rocks....
Because I have been working during the day at the house, either painting, cleaning, etc and then Steve coming over after work and doing the floors, I have been making dinner in the morning and taking over to either simmer on the stove or heat up later. Well, on Monday, I made some yummy Chicken Fajita Soup to take over and simmer. I had placed my heavy cast iron lid on top in hopes of weighing it down for the drive over. Carelessly, however, I put my purse down beside it in the floor board. If you have been out here to my parent's place, you know there are no driveways and so its very bumpy. Needless to say the soup spilled out over the edge of the pot and landed right inside my purse. I was a little put out that it had spilled but when I realized that most of it landed INSIDE my purse, I was ticked!!
When I talked to Steve later that morning and told me what had happened, he said he was sorry and that was the end of it. I cleaned out my purse, wiped out the soup, through away some unnecessary junk and went on with life. I actually hadn't thought about it much since. Every once in a while I would get a whiff of soup!!!
So, when Steve came home last night with a big box and said "I have a surprise for you", I was shocked!! I opened it up and in it was this....
We saw this purse at Bass Pro when we were in Dallas over Christmas and I fell in love with it! Steve said he liked it too but added "You do not need another purse!!". Which is true. I kinda do like purses! So the fact that he went out of his way to get it for me.... touched me!! He bought me something that I really wanted and I in know way was expecting it!! What a great guy!!
He totally rocks!!!

6 comments:
don't we just love surprises? and what a great one. you have had a week, but every day is a new day.
awwww, that was so sweet! he's a keeper. ;)
awwww! how sweet is that! :) love it!
Way to go Hill Hubby! my eyes got teary. :)
Maybe you should get yourself this shirt. Check it out www.frommetee.com. A lady from my churchs makes them. They are so cool.
www.frommetees.com forgot the s.
Post a Comment