Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Holiday Cheer

We had a wonderfully, relaxed and low key Christmas this year! We started off by having a gift exchange with the Neal kiddos at McDonald's on Tuesday. Christmas Eve was spent opening a small gift from the boys and heading out to Santa Land in Lindale. Ethan thought it would be boring but quickly learned that a million lights could be really cool. Christmas morning we woke up around 7:30 and opened gifts with mom. dad and my sis. We ate a quick turkey sandwich lunch and spent the rest of the afternoon at the movies. We saw Despereaux and Bedtime Stories.

Just for background, someone in our family has been sick on Christmas for the past 4 years. Usually its my sister ;) We were so blessed to be healthy this year. You really don't understand what a true blessing that is until you have had a few bad ones!!

Hope you enjoy the slideshow!! I know its long but I didn't want to leave any detail out!!

5 comments:

The Clevelands said...

OK - I'm gonna say your husband did a nice job with the ring!

TexasNeals said...

great slide show. we are so going to santa land next year!!! it looks beautiful....like that ring!!! it gorgeous! :)

Life with the Akin Clan said...

Great ring!!! Stacey and I are going to steal your Mickey D's idea!!

Life with the Akin Clan said...

Ok, now I have seen all the pics and your kids got some awesome gifts! ANd I am jealous of your low key Christmas!

Stephanie said...

I totally understand the sick thing. When my parents come to town for Thanksgiving someone is always sick too which usually means we can't get together with my sisters kids. :( It's always so sad.

You saw the two movies I really want to see. Were they good? Is it a tradition to watch two movies on Christmas? It sounds like a fun thing to do. :)

We're looking forward to the big day!!!!! :) If you feel comfortable you'll have to send your boys over for a few hours one day so you can have some free time to unpack.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin