I have started my update blog so many times!! I think I have about 5 drafts saved. I wanted to upload some funny videos of Ethan's last days of school. He presented a book that he wrote and illustrated in front of his class. The experience was, needless to say for Ethan, "entertaining". Words could not do it justice and so I just wanted you to see it for yourself. I also wanted to upload another video of Ethan receiving his character award from school as well. He received the award for humility which he misunderstood that to mean humor and hammed it up big time. Mrs. Terry was so taken aback by his outburst that she didn't know what to say. He pranced over to get the award and when she presented it, he bowed and waved at the audience all the way back to his spot. He absolutely should no signs of humility whatsoever!!! All Mrs. Terry could say was "You all are going to have to trust me on this one!!" It was so out of character that we both were at a loss for words!! I so wanted to share this memory first hand but alas, we are not able to upload video with a satellite Internet service. I tried to upload on blogger, you tube, Google and yahoo and none of them would work! I am so bummed!!! I need to go over to someones house that has cable and see if it will work there!!(hint, hint Stacey;). Maybe someday I can share the joy!! Maybe I will be over my embarrassment by then!! Maybe God is trying to teach me some humility in the process!
In the past few weeks we have had cousins over for memorial day!! The kids swam and picked tons of strawberries at the orchard. We also made homemade pizza and cookies. It was a huge mess but the kids loved to cook with each other!! We had so much fun!!
We went to a birthday party for a friend at Build-a-Bear in Tyler. The kids were able to make and a dress a bear and share in a cookie cake. It was such a great treat.
This week we are full swing into VBS. I have yet to take a picture but hope to do that sometime this week!
We have been busy but we have enjoyed a couple of quiet weekends at home!!!
More to come for sure......
Ethan, Nehi and Mason on Award's Night

Ethan's 2nd grade Class

Isaac and Maggie Kate

Ethan loves his new goggles

Cuzin' Arden
Isaac and Maggie making dough

The dough fun continues

The proud bakers

Maggie and Isaac couldn't wait

The finished product

So excited about picking strawberries

Yum! Yum!

BB had more fun than the kids

Maggie

Arden and Donna

Isaac and Luke enjoying birthday cake

Birthday party at Build-A-Bear
2 comments:
those were some ugly pizzas!!! HA! i know the kids loved it! i love the picture of isaac and maggie in front of the oven....i could FEEL the anticipation!! :)
oh, and PLEASE come over to download your video. i want to see it so badly. ;)
We, ladies, are getting old. You wonder how I come to this conclusion? Remember when we used to jump at the chance to hang out at each other's houses to just be together? (not us specifically but you get my drift) We would let the kids hang out together, talk the afternoon away, and maybe convince the hubbies to come on over for dinner. You know what? That thought exhausts me now! LOL Maybe every other week but my quiet evenings (well somewhat quiet) really appeal to me. And having kids over all the time? No thank you! Not that I have anything against friends coming over. I love it! But I noticed it this week with VBS. Most of us would be going to someone's house every day to just hang. Totally random, I know. But I knew you two old ladies would both get that!
UPLOAD THE VIDEOS!~ Go hang out w/ Stacey, Laura! ;-)
Post a Comment