Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Saga Contiunes....

Just a quick update about our car again. I know I left you hanging with that last post but we have been busy around here and I haven't had time to post! I have some pics that I will upload and share soon.

Because I have such an awesome husband (I will post about that on Friday), our insurance theft claims dude (I know that's not technically what he is called but whatever) saw all of the pictures Steve took and finally relented and said that there was no way that rats chewed the wires in the engine. So....he gave the OK to start rewiring last week! We still don't know if our car will run after it is rewired, so its still a waiting game. As of yesterday, they had only rewired about half of the car. If and when the car is mechanically fixed, we still have all of the body work to have done too. We probally won't have a car for another 3-4 weeks {sigh}

We did get another surprise in the mail yesterday though. As if stealing our car, trashing the inside, banging the outside all up and ruining the engine wasn't enough... we got a photo traffic ticket in the mail yesterday. Apparently the thieves ran a red light at 3:44am in our car and we just received the ticket. Yes... I already called and we are not responsible but still.....

Again... what is the lesson to be learned in all of the this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

6 comments:

The Clevelands said...

I wish I could muster up something profound to say. I just hope and pray that it's over for you soon.

Life with the Akin Clan said...

What you can learn...put Isaac in protective gear at all times so he will not get hurt which distracts you from taking care of your car. Or the lesson could simply be to let go and let God. Who knows? But there will be a lesson! (Right?!)

Have a fun, awesome day! Go color your hair lime green!

Kim said...

"Again... what is the lesson to be learned in all of the this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!"

I guess that you can learn to drive faster through red lights. ;-)

momstheword said...

How special to know that your car can get a ticket without you being in it. I wonder if they can blow up a picture and see who took it?

What a drag to wait that long for a car though. Wow!g

momstheword said...

I am not up on all the text lingo, nor am I quite up on all the latest songs, t.v. shows, etc.

Oh well, you can't be up on everything, lol. Well, maybe you can if you are a teenager.....

J Wing said...

Wow...I am without words. It is so frustrating to know that there are people in this world who do things like this. I know you and Steve will get it settled but I hope that it won't take too long and that your car 'heals' from the vandalism it's suffered. Love your posts and knowing what is going on with your family. Give the boys a round of hugs and smooches and let them know they come from N.C. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin