
not something we have been feeling around here this year. I suspect it is due in some part to a new baby in the house. A baby that for the first 11 months of his life had is immune system compromised to due neglect BUT if I am really honest with myself I know that a lot of it has to do with the fact that our lives are full of junk.
By junk I mean, what we eat, what we do and what we don't do and basically the overall laziness of me. I have been feeling a prompting for a while that I have just plain ignored. A prompting to live my life and thus in turn, my family's lives, in wellness naturally. I know that with so much blathering about "natural" and "green" that it feels a lot like a band wagon that must be jumped on to be politically correct but that isn't really what I talking about. If you know me, I am anything but politically correct (:
"Going Green" is not what I am talking about. What I am feeling is a desire to be more simple and natural. To enjoy things in life that bless my family and not just myself. The joy of knowing that the foods that I feed my children are actually good. The peace and contentment of knowing that the home that I make for my boys, all 4 of them :) is safe and healthy. That I am offering an environment of wellness. A true gift as homemaker. I have known all along that I set the pace for the home. The choices I make determine how my home will run. Things like, am I getting up in a good mood and having a home that is joyful in the morning, instead of dragging myself out of bed, groggy and slow b/c I ate a Sonic burger and fries the night before and haven't had my 4 cups of coffee yet!! Am I providing a solid example of how we should treat not only a home but the "Temple of the Holy Spirit".
I am tired of always feeling bad b/c of the easier choices I make that make ME feel better. It is so much easier to run through a drivethru for dinner than actually making a homemade meal out of food that is grown in our garden. Or taking the extra time to bake homemade bread with ingredients that I choose and in which my boys really like more than store bought anyway. But in reality the drivethru mentality is only momentarily easier. In the long run, or sometimes the short run, I always regret it. Either b/c I actually feel bad after I eat it or I see that my children are so used to eating overly processed, excessively salted and fried food that they frown at homemade Spaghetti and meatballs. Or that they are so used to drinking a "Slushy" that lemonade made with fresh lemons and Sucanat is not "sweet" enough.
That is a true testimony to my laziness and lack of concern for anyone but myself....
So what am I doing. First of all I am blogging about it so that I may be held accountable. Next, I am educating myself. I am the type of person that if I am not held accountable, I will slip. So I have enrolled in school. Yes, school. I am well on my way to become a Natural Living Educator through Vintage Remedies. I hope to educate myself of living naturally, eating naturally and how to use Aromatherapy to create an environment of wellness in my home. Eventually, I hope to share what I have learned with others too.
So... here we go. I think I may encounter some kicking and screaming on the way, and the boys will probably protest too (: But I know that in long run, it will be a true blessing that only I can give my family....
Naturally yours,
3 comments:
Oh... some things for me to think about! Thanks for sharing your knowledge. Looking forward to following your journey and implementing some new things for my family as well. THANKS!
I have really enjoyed your blog and have felt God leading me in much the same direction. I am a mother of three grown children and home schooled all of them. My husband and I pastor a small church on an island off the coast of Nova Scotia. I hope you will check out my blog too: www.mamaspages.blogspot.com
Can't wait to learn from you!
Post a Comment