Monday, January 23, 2012

8 Weeks to Real Foods




I have been taking this challenge for a couple of weeks now.  It's a great way to introduce a new way of eating to your family.  If you sign up for the emails, each week you will be sent a different food to cut out of your diet.  They allow you to slowly weed out the food that is bad for you without making you go "cold turkey".  I didn't throw away any food that I had already purchased, that would be wasteful but I did stop buying them at the store.  So far we are down to just a few unhealthy items on the shelf and boy have my boys been complain'.  

We are working on week 3 right now which includes cutting out sodas, sugar and any kind of trans fat in our home.  This has been tough due in large part to the fact that  I and my boys have two very strong weaknesses; fast food and diet sodas.  I know that both of these vices contribute to my overall bad health.  So far I have not had a any type of soda for about a week now; the boys are down to just one small one a day.  Which is still a lot to me but slow and steadily I hope to wean them off.   Fast food on the other hand has been a slower process.  I have gone to get Chick-fil-A and Sonic in the past week but both times I chose healthier options than I normally do. I still had a french fry or two or ten but I feel myself already not wanting those things.  I am hoping reshape my boys palates by example on this one.  

This for me and Steve is not about weight loss; although I have a strong inkling that by just cutting out these two vices, it will come.  It's about putting in our bodies things that make it healthier.  I love that commercial about "You are what you eat" when the lady is walking down the sidewalk with two big cinnamon buns on her buns.  That is so me (:   I hope one day both of those buns will be gone!!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin