Fast forward 4 years and I had a very large lump on my thigh that you could actually see through my clothes. Since my dad is a veterinarian, I had him look at it and he said that he thought is was a lipoma; a benign tumor that develops from too much adipose tissue. Now no one really knows how they form but one theory is trauma to the area in which the tumor grows. I vividly remember the trauma of hitting my thigh so I know that is how it formed. Finally after much trepidation (I hate going to the doctor), I went to my GP and had her take a look. Hoping for "It's no big deal, just an easy office removal" response, she took one look at it and said, "That's really large, you need to go to the surgeon". Long story short, the surgeon said although a lipoma is usually benign, it is a cancer and needs to come out. So, after putting it off for another 3 months, yesterday was the day.
When the surgery was over, the doctor told Steve that the tumor was larger than expected and misshapen. All in all, he removed a tumor the length(not around just the length) of a large orange from my leg. GROSS!!! I had no idea that something like that could even be part of me. I should have never waited that long. I guess I am just in denial that I am getting older and that these types of things start happening.
So here I sit, on the couch, barely able to hobble around. I am also on pain meds, so I hope this post is even coherent :) I would post pics but that would just be a little over the top :)

8 comments:
I had a surgery to remove a tumor from my leg also about 3 years ago. It was supposed to be only 1 cm and ended up being about 1 inch... But recovery was only a couple of days so it wasn't bad. Hope you get to feel all better soon
That would be kind of a surprise to hear that they took something that large when you weren't expecting that! I hope you have a quick recovery.
So sorry to hear that you had to have surgery, but happy that you are doing well and recovering. Relax and recuperate and feel better soon. :)
This getting older thing is just not fun.
Hope you heal well and feel better soon.
I'm so sorry. I will be praying you feel better soon!
Just saw your post. What can I do? Do the boys want to come over and run? I'm driving the mama van while Rick is in OH, so I got room if I need to come pick them up. Let me know!
I hope you're feeling better by now!
Oh...and I don't want to hear about how old you're getting. I just celebrated my 40th on Wednesday, young 'un. I've started using a cane and a hearing aid. :) Hope your leg is healing fast!
Post a Comment