Hi, this is Ethan posting on my Mom's blog. I am writing this because I am going to ride my bike, Saturday, April 9, 50 times around a course at a park as a fundraiser for Bring Me Hope. Bring Me Hope is an organization that helps orphans in China. One way they help is by sending orphans to a week long summer camp. My youth group at church has decided to try and send as many orphans as we can to summer camp this summer. Since it is also my first year to go to summer camp and I am very excited, I am sure they would be even more excited if they knew that they were going to get to go. It only takes $25 to send one child for a whole week. I would like to personally raise enough money to send 5 orphans to camp. You can help by donating as little or as much as you like. My mom has set up a donate button at the top left section of this blog. The deadline for donations is Wednesday, April 6th. If you cannot donate, please pray with me and my family for these orphans.
This is a short movie of one of the girls that was sent to summer camp.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Ethan
2 comments:
Wow Ethan, good idea! Unfortunately, it looks like you may have to plan another Bike-a-thon for Japan too. Very proud of you and don't forget to "load up on carbs" before your ride the night before. I suggest spaghetti! Good luck, God bless you, & big love to you all from your "long lost great" uncle Rollie in San Francisco.
Way to go Ethan. Good luck and enjoy the service & your first year at camp!
Post a Comment