Why is that sometimes I get real excited about updating and sharing and sometimes it just does not appeal to me in any way! Now I realize that this online journal is mostly for my benefit. To be able to look back over the years and have some idea of what life was like. Also, to share our every day happenings with distant friends and family. But sometimes it just seems like a chore. Especially if I have put it off so long that my picture stash is piled up!!
Thus is such a time....So I am going to just add pics and update in small bursts of words. It would take all day to explain each event and goings on. Who has that kind of time ;)
The first picks are truly inspired by our trip to Mt. View. Steve had tried Collard Greens for the first time and loved them. My grandmother made them every week but I had never been too adventuresome with food and so I did not try them until adulthood. So, being inspired to cook some down home southern food, I gave it a try. They smelled so good; onions, garlic and bacon added. Isaac said "Mama, I don't know what you are cooking, but its giving me the shivers." That being a good thing, I was encouraged. Alas, much to my dismay, he hated them. Ethan on the other hand had two helpings and is asking me to make more.
Isaac is not so sure..
After many tries, he finally swallows some down with a little victory dance after.
Just some random family shots...
Ethan's first zit. No, he not embarrassed about this. He asked for it to be on the blog. He was very excited about it. Don't think that will last too long.
Having fun on the tree swing
Ethan also turned 11 on October 18th. I can't believe it. My firstborn is growing up so fast!!
Most of his gifts were money this year. Which made him extremely happy! Steve and I got him the expanded set of snap circuits. This was top of his wish list.
Steve gave me flowers on Ethan's bday too. He said for giving birth to his firstborn son~ He is so sweet and thoughtful!! I just love him to pieces.
Our newest family member. Isaac has always wanted a rabbit and when a family in our homeschool group was giving one away, we couldn't resist. This is Opie.
This tree is believed to be over 500 years old. There is a deep, rich history with the Caddo Indians of East Texas at this lake.
Lastly, on to Halloween. Our church put on its second annual Fall Fest on the 30th. We still are very small and this is one of the few community outreaches we have done. We had an excellent turn out for our small community. I think we had more fun before the festival started. We all decided to dress up, the adults I mean, and we had so much fun oohhing and ahhing over each others costumes!!
Yes, this is me and my beloved. Better that night known as Cleo and Cletus. Steve was afraid if he went like a redneck, that most of Gladewater wouldn't even now he was in costume:)
The Crazy Kimbley Family. Alisha was the Madhatter, Carolyn, Snow White and Jaime, the Queen of Hearts. Their whole family dressed up and it was a hoot!!
The Fall Fest was wrapped up by pizza and a slumber party. Ethan had Andrew over and..
What a crazy few weeks we have had. I see no sign of slowing down either with the holidays just around the corner. The holidays!!! What am I doing blogging ?!? I haven't even started my Christmas shopping yet!!
2 comments:
No, you're not alone, I'm a klutz too, lol!
And you're right, your son will not appreciate pimples later so might as well enjoy them while he can, haha.
Loved all the pictures! We had a trunk-or-treat at our church this year. We've never done that before and were surprised how well it turned out.
We all decorated our cars and parked them in the parking lot and handed out candy from there. I couldn't believe all the kids that came. Best part, no clean up, lol!
Laura,
Sounds like you are incredibly busy. I was happy to see your post, so thanks for taking the time. Ethan's only had one zit???? Gosh, poor Maya. That girl is growing up sooooo fast. :) Looks like your Halloween was a blast. You know, Steve (dressed up) looks like a lot of the people I see every single day! Thanks for commenting on my blog so much...I enjoy reading what you write. Take care and cuddle that rabbit for me.
Post a Comment