I can't believe that summer is over! My weeks have gone by like days! So much has happened, so many changes to our lives.
Summer ended fast and furiously. Ethan had a great opportunity thanks to our awesome friend , Alisha. She is the best director at our local children's theatre. Although Ethan has no interest in acting, he LOVES electronics. Knowing this and having faith in a 10 year old boys, she allowed him to be a "junior apprentice" on the sound board at one of the 2 week summer camps. Typically he would have to be at least 14 yrs. old to be able to do this but Alisha trusted that he could do it (even though I had my reservations). And she was right! He did an awesome job. Some of his duties were making sure the sound board was up and running each morning, checking all of the mics, changing batteries in the mics if they were low, running a sound check, queuing up all of the music and turning on the appropriate mics when there were solos during the performance. It was a BIG responsibility for a 10 year and let me tell you, I was proud of that boy!! And on top of all of that, he had a blast!! He is already talking about next summer! I think we have found a niche!!
On top of the performance at the theatre, we had a bonus, Oma and Uncle Jeff came down for a quick visit and were able to see Ethan in action. I tell ya, this was huge for him. He was so excited to show his super techy Uncle Jeff his mad sound board skills!! It was a perfect way to end this summer of camps, moving and general craziness.
Ethan and Isaac on the set of "Pirates"
Isaac, Uncle Jeff and Steve
This was like the 4th picture I tried to take. You can see by Steve's face, the silliness of Isaac in pictures can be quite annoying :)
We had a great weekend visit with Oma and Uncle Jeff. We were able to squeeze in a lot in just 2 1/2 days. There was the play, lots of swimming, lots of eating out, a visit to our new church and a long leisurely Sunday afternoon lunch at our favorite vineyard! Short but sweet!!
I am not going to make any bones about it, I am thrilled that this summer is over! No love lost for this one! I was crazy, busy, frustrating, stressful and {{HOT}} sprinkled with a little "it's about time"!! But in case I seem a little ungrateful, I do have an amazing new house and I am homeschooling again!! Those things really cancel out all of the other :)
Now on to our school year. I am really excited about what we are doing this year . I am going to share but that is for a later post. We have already begun and its seems to be off to a great start. At least now we all have a better perspective of how it could be!! That above all helps with attitude; mine and the boys!!
Now on to fall, my favorite season!! I would say that life is going to slow down now but you know me better than that ;)
1 comment:
haha! i love that last sentence. i do know you better than that! ;) looks like fun! loved the pictures. :)
Post a Comment