I know I said I would post pictures of the house progress. Although a lot of progress has been made, there really isn't much to show for it yet. My dad, Steve and I worked our tails off last week! Friday night all the way until the next Saturday night we worked sun up to sun down! We cut and hung trim in which I was able to use a circular saw and a nail gun! That was a blast! We painted a couple of rooms. We cleaned up the site, which was totally disgusting! Steve finished hanging sheet rock and getting the bathrooms ready to be finished! The big accomplishment of the week was that our friends at ERA Climate Technologies turned on our A/C. Most of the week we were doing all of the that work with no air! It was awful heat and I have never been that hot and sweaty in my life!! It does feel good at the end of the day though to work hard!! If that is not enough of craziness, I also helped with a garage sale Friday and Saturday and hostessed a baby shower for one of my closest friends!! WHEW! And I thought my life would slow down once I quit working :) But the good news is, by the end of this week our kitchen cabinets will be installed and all of the interior will be painted and stained!! This weekend we are taking on the task of tiling all of the counter tops in the whole house! Neither one of us has ever done this and we are hoping there in not too much of a learning curve!! Next week will be plumbing installed and electrical all hooked up!! Our move in date is Friday, July 2nd !! Whether or not it will be ready for us is still up in the air! I am trying not to get too stressed about it! I know it will get done and that soon we will be in and all of this work will be behind us!!
I told the boys just the other day, just think....we will be all moved in in a couple of weeks, we will have about 4 weeks off and we get to start school again! That didn't go over too well with them :)
Now if we can just survive the heat!! Pictures soon!
3 comments:
The awesomest thing about homeschooling: You can start when you want! ;-) But tell them 4 weeks is plenty of vacation time! We may be bowling tomorrow. I will give you a call and see if we can coordinate kids.
I love all that you guys are doing on your own and together. What special memories! Hot memories, but special, nonetheless. :-) Can't wait to see pictures!
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
You'll be gone before I even get back! It's not fair. Can we have one more day of fun?
Post a Comment