Pretty Tree in our Neighborhood
All of Ethan's clues. He, on the other hand, read each clue meticulously
and hunted very slowly
I haven't blogged about our "new" church yet. I need to though because we are loving it! We are helping plant a sister church to Fellowship Bible in Gladewater.
We have jumped in with both feet and have met the most amazing people! This was our first group baby shower! Happy baby Jade!
Now on to the house project...
It has come so far in just a few weeks. Its amazing!
These are my beautiful beams that will stay exposed and will be stained. We have 22 ft high ceilings in the living room and the loft is open to the lower level. These will be the first thing you see when you come in the front door!!
We are staining our own concrete and Steve pressed leaves into the foundation when it was poured. When it is stained, you will be able to see all of the leaves that were imprinted!!
This is one of the impressions in the kitchen! I love this!
My three windows at the top of the living room. You can kind of get an idea of how high the ceilings are in this one.
Okay... I am really geeking out over this one! This is my Rennai hotwater heater! Its tankless and NEVER...did you hear me? NEVER runs out of hot water! Can you say AWESOME!!
Close up of the siding.. We used Hardiplank siding.
Board and Batten on the sides and back and shingled on the front!!
View from the front. You can see the different siding on the front.
Now we have to decide what color the outside should be!!
Now we have to decide what color the outside should be!!
This is just fun picture of the old barn we have passed for years and ultimately inspired Steve to design our home! We plan to take a real good picture of this and hang in in our main living room!!
So, yes, I guess you can say "We live in a barn"!!
That's all I got this time folks!! 5 weeks and counting!!
7 comments:
Wow! I see why you're tired! Lots going on!
I bet you are so excited to get that done. I love the leaf impressions in the concrete!
WE ARE GLAD YOU ARE COMING TO GLADEWATER TOO. I LOVE YOUR HOUSE... AFTER IT IS DONE I WANT TO HAVE A CHURCH GET TOGETHER OUT THERE. HINT HINT. (REALLY FEEL FREE TO SAY NO) ANYWAY WE LOVED GETTING TO SEE YOUR NEW HOUSE AND I STILL CAN NOT GET OVER YOUR PANTRY. YOU ARE A LUCKY WOMAN.
Your house is coming along beautifully! How exciting all of this is for you! It's awesome. How many bedrooms will it have? You said you'd be moving in possibly mid-summer? I know you are already thinking about how to decorate it. :) How is school going? Five weeks and counting...does that mean until the end of the school year? I hope you are all doing well...again, the house looks beautiful. I love all the pictures!
We miss you guys too!! I agree...we need to go camping soon...before it gets too hot!
Jeff and I both love the pictures of the house. I looks wonderful!! Thanks for the update.
I love the idea of the leaf imprints! I think that will look great!
I'm in love with old barns, too. Your home is going to be really beautiful.
Post a Comment