Thursday, November 6, 2008

Blah...Blah...Blah...

That's how I have been feeling lately..

I know that I haven't shared any insight into our lives lately. My life has been total chaos for the past week or so. Last Wednesday I started feeling really badly and went down hill fast. By Sunday I knew something was wrong and had my dad (yes, he's a vet but has all of the same tests as regular doctors but they are free to me:) ran a few tests and found out that I had an infection. So, I started antibiotics and only started feeling better on Tuesday morning. In the meantime, we had bible studies, small group, Halloween, AWANA and the boys birthday party. Thankfully, I was able to forgo some of the activities for some couch time but there is never much rest for mom!! I also stayed up late watching the election and had to drag myself out of bed Wednesday morning and take the sweet snack to ELO. Needless to say, I came home yesterday after ELO, after missing our weekly lunch date :(, and collapsed on the couch for a long needed nap... God has blessed me with some amazing boys that entertain themselves while I rest. I think all of the new birthday presents that they were able to open and play with helped too.

All this to say, Thursday is looking better. I feel better. Got a good night's rest and have to look forward to a not too busy weekend!!

In typical Laura fashion however...I am nothing if not predictable and dependable... I leave you with a slideshow of the boys birthday party. I know some of you are saying " Why are you having a birthday party for your boys in November when neither of your boys birthdays are actually in November. Well, we totally missed Isaac's birthday in June and Ethan's snuck up on us b/c of mom's surgery and other craziness so we decided to join up with the Akin's and have triple party. So, Andrew, Ethan and Isaac had a party at The ROC at First Baptist. There was pool, Foosball, a bounce house, scooters, a whole gym to run and play ball and thanks to Aimee's super awesome and creative mom, a exploding volcano cake. It was a lot of fun and there was a lot of craziness. Both of the boys said it was the best birthday EVER!! So, thanks Aimee for taking up the slack for me while I was down and making this party so fun!!

So without further ado....

1 comment:

TexasNeals said...

love the pictures. loved the party. love those boys!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin