Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Book Recommendation


border=0 />
Want this tag too? Get it HERE.



One of the books that I have so enjoyed reading with the boys this year is "Window of the World; When We Pray God Works" by Daphne Spraggett. I can not tell you how much this book has meant to us. We have been reading about a new country or people group every day. Each day we read about the history, culture, religion and physical needs of each of these peoples. We learn how to pray for these people and how the missionaries in these regions are reaching out to them and teaching them about Jesus Christ. The boys and I come together read and pray for those who are not anywhere near as blessed as we are either financially, physically and especially spiritually. I don't think our homeschooling journey could focus on anything more important! I highly suggest this read with your kids!! My boys are learning to think and pray outside of themselves. They are learning to petition to our Gracious Heavenly Father on behalf of others. I pray that we are also teaching them a passion for missions and sharing the gospel with those they come in contact with! Praise God!

"The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore beseech
the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest."
Luke 2:10

1 comment:

Life with the Akin Clan said...

Thank you! I have been looking for a book to follow up "I heard the good news." We have focused on the missionaries that paved the way for missionaries today. I would love to focus on how we can pray today. Andrew said something interesting. He mentioned that every country we have studied has had religious persecution. (China, India, & Japan) I told him yes but we have read about the good missionaries have done there. So reading about how God used people for the word to arrive there has been very interesting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin