Doesn't that seem all so wonderful?
Then reality creeps back in and slams me in the head. I would have done all of those things without the joy of my children's laughter, wonderfully inquisitive questions & comments and most of all their presence. I have to keep encouraged because to be perfectly honest, I LOVE BEING WITH MY CHILDREN. For the past few years I have been so focused on trying to "school" my kids, I have forgotten that the reason why I homeschool in the first place is because I love spending time with my two precious boys. God has truly given me the desire of my heart, I just forget that sometimes.
All of that to say, even though spending a day by myself doing all of those things above would be a pleasant reprieve from my life, I would only enjoy it for that one day. When I really think about the fact that they would actually be gone for about 36 weeks, I realize I would be totally miserable for the rest of the time.
So, I am off to watch "Peep" with my youngest son who just about 5 minutes ago woke up, ran into my arms and is sitting in my lap while I finish typing this. Why would I want to miss a single moment of his life?
7 comments:
thank you so much for those two posts! you have such a heart for your children and that is SO beautiful!! especially in this day and age were parents are being told that they are not equipped to train their 2 year old and need to send them to "preschool."
i was talking to my mom this morning about how thankful i am that i don't have to miss out on my children. for the most part i am there for all their precious (and sometimes, not-so-precious) insights. it IS a blessing to be WITH our children. and when we start thinking about them that way (as "blessings not burdens"), we are able to realize the gift we have! :)
again, thank you so much!
for the love people, can i get an AMEN!?!?! ;)
amen stacey, amen
Amen!! I tried to comment earlier but couldn't get it to post. Just wanted to tell you Laura, that I really appreciate your honesty and reassure you that those are such normal feelings but ones not many of us feel honest enough to share. You will have "me-time" one day. Now is "their-time!"
Thanks for the encouragement. I meant in no way to offend anyone. These are my feeling and convictions and are not meant to judge!!! God has called all of us to serve Him in different ways!!
I needed to hear that. Thanks girl.
Amen to both of your posts - It's why I enjoy reading your blog. Thanks!
Post a Comment