When it was time to choose our sentimental memento from her house before it was sold, I knew exactly what I wanted. I held my breathe and prayed no one else wanted it. Thankfully it was available and I was able to bring it home!!
I just love it. It's been on my Granny's porch my whole life and was a big part of my mother's as well. I thought it was beautiful just the way it was but because of years of neglect, it had become very rusty. I decided to white wash it with some Rustoleum paint. I wanted it to still look old but give it a bit of a face lift.
Here it is refurbished. I looks really good on my front porch just like it did at Granny's and hope my kids will enjoy it as much as I did as a child.


6 comments:
I just stumbled on your blog after hitting Next Blog on my page a couple of times. As a fellow blogger, I like to see what others are blogging about. From the description on your bio, you sound like a last born child. I know the portrait.... I am one too.
You have a very cozy way of writing and sharing. I will have to dig more. I really like the bench. That is a treasure.
Cheers from Ruby Neumann
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
I just stumbled on your blog after hitting Next Blog on my page a couple of times. As a fellow blogger, I like to see what others are blogging about. From the description on your bio, you sound like a last born child. I know the portrait.... I am one too.
You have a very cozy way of writing and sharing. I will have to dig more. I really like the bench. That is a treasure.
Cheers from Ruby Neumann
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
Laura,
This was a really sweet post. You did an awesome job on refinishing the glider. It looks great!
How sweet!!!!! It looks so cute and the pillows are perfect!!!!! :)
Wow that's AWESOME!!!Hey thanks for your encouragement. Just knowing someone else wants to pull their hair out is somehow therapeutic. BA HA! Seriously I can't imagine having a foster 4 year old with an adopted 2 year old. Just having to figure out one is SO HARD! Hang in there;)
I love that! You did a great job on it!
Post a Comment