Friday, December 23, 2011

Way Back in June :)



This is how painfully behind I am on updating my blog. I could blame it on being busy, which would be a valid excuse, but for the most part I have had a bad case of the "I don't wanna's". It's hard for me to want to write down my thoughts on each event. It takes a lot out of me. I tweak and tweak each post ad nauseum. I am really not a perfectionist but for some reason I am when it comes to journaling our lives.

So time traveling back to June when the Texas heat was so unbearable we barely left the house, we decided to throw a big bash for Isaac for his 9th birthday. Now if you aren't from Texas you know you never have an outside BBQ at the end of June. It's usually around 100 degrees and the sun is bearing down on you until around 9:00pm. But this summer it was even crazier to have anything outside. A record breaking drought and temperatures over a 105 for 32 days seemed like a good time to invite 63 people over for some fun BBQ time. Right?!?

Despite the heat, we had about 35 kiddos and 20 or so parents. I think the adults may have had more fun than the kiddos! We love having people over to our house.

So with out further ado... pics of this very fun but ~~HOT~~ day!


We were a little country on this party. Isaac only wanted hot dogs and a water slide. I love home parties. I think they are so much fun!!

These are a little out of order. We opened presents toward the end.

The presents were over the top! Our friends really spoiled him this year.

To compensate for the outrageous heat, we had a giant water slide.

Why can't I ever get a good picture of Isaac. He is always so silly!

Ethan had a lot of his buds here too! These are the best 12 year old boys EVER!!

This is my BFF's daughter, Charley Kate. She was so sweet. She went around kissing all of the babies.

These are Isaac's old neighborhood friends.
He misses them so much living way out here.

Sweet friends with their two foster babies.

More buddy pics
The slide was a huge hit!!

I guess I should say a huge MUDDY hit :) Got to love a Forringer kid.
This night was also bitter sweet to Isaac. His best bud, Josiah, moved the following week to Atlanta. Josiah was able to spend the night with us one last time before he moved!




I think it was a great party for him. We don't throw one every year for the boys. I think this one should last him at least one more year!

Leaving you with the Happy Birthday video: I should add that the wind was so crazy that day that the candles wouldn't stay lit. Isaac just pretended to blow them out :)



1 comment:

J Wing said...

Wow! This looks like it was an amazing party! I don't know that we even know the amount of people that showed up for this shin dig! I hope you are doing well. I love the new look of your blog and the honesty with which you write it. I, for one, am happy that you continue to blog and enjoy reading everything you write. Please have a happy and safe new year's celebration. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin