Why you ask? Well, we finally got our first foster placement! Yes... a year's worth of classes, trainings, inspections and scrutiny finally has paid off and we have a new little boy to add to our already boy filled home!
Meet "Little Bit".
How has our life changed you asked? Well, along with the normal baby responsibilities such as
bottles, diapers, high chairs, car seats, baby food, many sleepless night, etc... we have also had numerous doctor's visits, therapy appointments, several caseworkers, phone calls, tons of paperwork, medications, court dates and so on and so on. This has been a huge adjustment for all of us. None of us would take back even a moment though. We are already in love with him and it is worth every minute of disrupted schedules and sleep deprivation.
And you know, we are foster to adopt so we have in the back of our minds that he could be the one. Now it's very rare for your first placement to be adoptable but he came to us from a unique situation and the chances are already in our favor. But, we also know that at any minute he could leave us.
However, this is our motto with "Little Bit".... "We are going to love him as long as we have him; whether that's a few weeks or forever".... and believe me, he is not hard to fall in love with!!
For obvious reasons, I will not be putting his face on this blog. But I will leave you with this pic. I won't be hard for me to not show you his face because most of his pictures look like this anyway.

Did I mention he is active?
Did I mention he is active?

6 comments:
I have been waiting for an update on your new family member! What a blessing you are!
Yeah! Exciting to read although I had already heard through the grapevine. It is fun watching your story. We are starting up the process to do just that...foster and see if it leads to another family member or not. Will you pray for us and we will continue to pray for you guys!!
I am so excited for you! How fun! I remember taking those classes and the home visit all that paperwork!
We were foster to adopt too, but our foster child wound up being adopted by his previous foster family who were friends of ours (long story).
We still see him though, although he doesn't remember his time in our home (he was only two at the time).
It is SO worth it! We love every minute of being foster parents....or at least ALL moments are worth it. We miss every single child that has entered and exited our lives and wouldn't trade a day for anything!
I think that's so fabulous that you foster! Hope it's going well. Children that age are just precious!
I'm so inspired. With the fact that you couldn't post his picture brings me back to Cambodia and the need of keeping those girls safe. There is such heartache out there to provide safety for kids. I'm so proud of you all!
Post a Comment