Our little garden is growing like crazy! I'm telling ya, the raised bed thing is great. Easy to plant, very little weeds, easy to water and I found out today.... easy to harvest.
Yay... we got our first fruit today. It's a large, healthy zucchini. We have several more on the way too. I think the only thing that isn't growing well is the okra. We are going to get a couple of okra plants to grow along side our two seeds that are left. We should have an abundant harvest this year. On the list is:
*Obviously zucchini
*Yellow Squash
*Okra
*Cabbage
*Cucumber
*Red. Green and Jalapeno peppers
*Roma Tomatoes
*Big Boy Tomatoes
*Corn
*Green Beans
*Bush Beans
*Red Potatoes
*Yukon Potatoes
*Red Lettuce
*Sugar Snap Peas
* Yellow Onions
*Green Onions
*Garlic
*Rosemary
*Thyme
*Mint
*Basil
Our fruit trees and grapes are producing like crazy too. Due to crazy winds this spring, we lost a lot of plums but there are still plenty. We should get around 5400lbs of grapes this year and our figs have big fruit already. No apples until maybe next year but everything else give us some great food this year.
Looks like I will be doing A LOT of canning this Spring ;-)

5 comments:
Lovely- Thanks for sharing!
Nice beds, the trellises are great. Enjoy.
That's a good looking veggie garden! Well done!
What a great garden - you will be busy - but, wow - all the wonderful fresh food you'll be able to enjoy!
Wherever you are, you are very lucky to be growing all of these things - I'm jealous! I'm in Oregon and it's only 55-60 degrees every day which means I only have salad greens growing. What?? So I'm jealous and wish I could come share grapes with you :) Great job!!!
Post a Comment