Monday, January 17, 2011

Praying for Joanne


I don't normally ask for prayer for someone that I really don't know. The blog world is a weird thing. You can read about someone, their family and hear what they do on a day to day basis and really feel like you know them but if you passed them on the street, you really don't. Part of the creeps me out :)

I have been reading Joanne Heim's blog for about 2 years now. She is a Christian author, homeschooling mom, loves contemporary country decor and married to her high school sweetheart. I had an instant connection with what she had to say. She has also written several books that have inspired and encourage many woman.

Last week, her 12 year old daughter found her on the floor of her basement having a seizure. She is 38 years old and in all accounts healthy. They rushed her to the hospital where they diagnosed her as having a major stroke. She has been in a coma since. There was no sign of this coming!!

Why am I posting about this? For some reason, this has really touched me. I know I don't really "know" her but I feel real emotion about this. She is my age, with two children that she homeschools, married to the man that she dated in high school. She could be me!

If you would like to read the whole journey, click here THE SIMPLE WIFE. Her husband and some friends post updates and prayer needs daily.


6 comments:

momstheword said...

It is amazing how you really can begin to get to know people through their blogs and they seem like friends.

I will be meeting two bloggy friends this spring when we happen to go near their town on vacation.

I first heard of Joanne's illness by a bloggy friend posting about her on facebook.

It is sad to hear that she is sick, but good to know that people are praying. What an awesome opportunity for prayer blogs can be.

This alone is a good example of why we should make sure our spouses known our blog password. Otherwise people would just assume that she had quit blogging abruptly.

Rebecca said...

praying for Joanne too!! the blog world is a crazy place - and here i thought no one I knew would know about her - i have been reading her blog for a few years as well and it has definitely hit hard

praying for joanne,
rebecca

The Cornett Family said...

Thank you for sharing this Laura. I agree, the blog world can be a crazy place. It's wonderful she will have lots of people praying for her, and her family. Please keep us updated.

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

I've been following her story since the stroke, but hadn't read her blog before. It is funny, though, how you get to "know" people in blogland.

Anonymous said...

Prayers on their way. Blessings

StrongNHim said...

Ok, wow! I just prayed for Joanne. I am glad I stopped by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin