What is it you ask? Looks innocent enough, right? This is the bane of childhood....every mother's and teacher's worst nightmare. This creature comes uninvited into your home and hunkers down for the long haul. It's wanted nowhere but lives everywhere. It doesn't discriminate against anyone; young and old, male or female, rich or poor. Still no idea? This lovely creature was brought to me by one of my precious students in my class. They shared it with the rest of the class and the class next door. What could it be you ask? I think you know! It's the dreaded {{HEAD LICE}}. Are you itching yet? I know I am and have been for two days now! Thankfully neither my boys or I have it but what fun it is to take each one of my students outside and dig cautiously in their hair looking for the abominable critter for the past two days. They don't tell you about this fun activity for teachers in school! This was NOT in description of my required duties! Don't you think we should get some kind extra compensation for this?
{BIG SIGH}
The only good part of it all..... our hair is squeaky clean and all of our sheets are wonderfully bleached and smell snuggly!

2 comments:
I have never seen head lice that close up before I already knew it was gross...but YUCK!!!
Sorry to hear of your blight, but hope that things are better for next week. Get some rest this weekend on those clean snuggly sheets.
Post a Comment